My friends at North Star Games are at it again with another fun game called Wits & Wagers. I recently reviewed their Say Anything game and in case you missed it, you can read all about it here. This game was a lot of fun and here’s a little bit more about it:
First off, the game comes with a set of question cards (that once you actually start playing will be used to ask questions). The fun thing is that the questions on the cards aren’t things the average person would necessarily know (ie: How many elevators operate within the Empire State Building or In what year did MTV play its first music video). Then each player places a bet on the betting board, which has a bunch of odds on it and get chips to place their bets. Once everyone places their bets and takes a stab at the question, the person closest to the correct answer (which is printed on the back of the card) wins (and how much you win depends on the bet you placed). Make sense?
It probably sounds complicated, but trust me, it’s not. It’s actually a lot of fun and I can’t wait to play again. The game is made for up to seven players. I played with four because I couldn’t round up enough people at one time, but this would have been a lot more fun with seven people. There are tons of questions, too, so the game won’t get old. With a combonation of gambling and trivia, how can you go wrong?
I love having people over to play games and games like Wits and Wagers make spending time with friends and family so much fun. You can purchase it at major retailers nationwide such as Target and Toys R Us. And if you live on the south shore here in MA, you can pick it up at The Village Toy Shop in North Easton
Mandatory Entry: Visit NorthStar Games and tell me which of their games you’d like to try the most. Please leave me a valid email address in this comment so that I can contact you if you win. If no email address is left, the entry will be disqualified.
Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!
1. Follow my blog through Google friend connect (1 entry)!
2. Follow me on Twitter (1 entry)!
3. Become a Facebook Fan of Mass Hole Mommy (1 entry)!
4. Enter one of my other giveaways (1 entry)!
5. Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)!
6. Enter one of Jana’s giveaways on Boobies, Babies & A Blog (1 entry per giveaway entered)!
7. Follow NorthStar Games on Facebook (1 entry)!
10. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to where I can find it (3 entries)!
11. Subscribe to my NEW RSS feed (10 entries)!
12. Subscribe to receive emails about Masshole Mommy by email (bottom of the page) (10 entries)!
13. Grab my button and leave a link (5 entries)!
14. Tweet this giveaway. Please include @massholemommy in the tweet. Can be tweeted once per day and counts as one entry per tweet.
** Please leave a seperate comment for each entry and remember to leave a valid email address in one of the entry comments. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
This giveaway will end at 9 pm (EST) on 12/18/10 and is open to Continental US residents only. The winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified by email. Thanks again to Luke at NorthStar Games for offering this fantastic giveaway!
***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***