Did you know that October is Fair Trade Month? I didn’t either, but as a K-Cup brand ambassador, I received a variety of Green Mountain Coffee® Fair Trade Certified™ K-Cup portion packs. In all, there are 38 different varieties of Fair Trade K-Cup portion packs available.
Like oil or cotton, coffee is a commodity… and world prices fluctuate wildly. Coffee farmers never know how much they’ll be paid for their beans. Sometimes they don’t even get enough to pay for the cost of growing them
Fair trade provides a fair price to coffee farmers for their beans, resulting in high-quality coffee for coffee lovers, and a higher quality of life for coffee farmers and their families. Fair Trade builds economic independence for farmers by:
- Guaranteeing a fair price
- Providing affordable access to credit
- Promoting sustainable farming practices
- Providing access to consumer markets, cutting out unnecessary middlemen
- Enabling farmers to plan for the future
I am really excited to share the news that Green Mountain Coffee is joining with musicians Michael Franti and Grace Potter to spread the word about fair trade.
Through exclusive live performances on Green Mountain Coffee’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/GreenMountainCoffee), Franti and Potter will share how small choices — like the coffee we drink — can help drive big change.
Both musicians will give exclusive live performances in October, in honor of Fair Trade Month:
- October 8 at 9:00 p.m. PST/midnight EST — Michael Franti and Spearhead’s last concert of their U.S. tour from the Greek Theatre at Berkeley, CA will be live webcast exclusively on Green Mountain Coffee’s Facebook page.
- October 20 at 7:00 p.m. PST/10:00 p.m. EST — Grace Potter and the Nocturnals will perform an exclusive concert dedicated to fair trade, streamed live on Green Mountain Coffee’s Facebook page.
To help drive awareness for fair trade, Green Mountain Coffee has launched a new “Better Quality for All” campaign to educate and engage consumers on the importance of Fair Trade, and the impact they can make by purchasing Fair Trade Certified coffee. By going to the campaign’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/GreenMountainCoffee, you can learn more about Fair Trade and receive special Fair Trade offers. The campaign will run during Fair Trade month in October.
For more information and to purchase Fair Trade K-Cup Portion Packs, please visit Green Mountain Coffee.
**I received samples at no cost because I am currently serving as a brand ambassador for Keurig/Green Mountain Coffee. All opinions expressed are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way. No form of monetary compensation was exchanged**