There are just some things that I can’t wrap my brain around.
1. Hitting the snooze button on your alarm clock. I don’t know about you, but first of all, I can’t fall back to sleep instantly, so once I’m up – I’m up. Why would I just lay there? The thought baffles me. And secondly, for those people that can fall asleep instantly, what’s the allure of a second (or third) mini heart attack when the alarm goes off yet again? Isn’t getting the crap scared out of you once per morning enough.
And even furthermore, if you need the extra few minutes of sleep that badly, why don’t you just set the alarm to go off later?
2. Pictures of extreme temperatures from a phone app posted on Facebook. You know what, I have my own phone and if I am interested in the weather, I can see for myself. Or I could just watch the news like we did in the old days. I really don’t need to see 573,856,589 of the same picture cluttering up my feed.
3. Starting a movie half way into it. My husband is a big offender when it comes to this. We’ll be sitting on the couch and as he’s flipping through channels, he’ll find some random movie, which has already started, and watch it. I am working on training him to stop this behavior, but he still does it every now and then. I have several issues with this:
- If it’s a movie I have never seen before, how am I supposed to know what the heck is going on if I’ve already missed the beginning of the movie. You know, the part where they usually explain what’s going on…..
- If it’s a movie I’ve already seen, I’ve already seen it. Unless it’s Star Wars, The Goonies or Ghostbusters, chances are I have no interest in watching it again.
5. Women (not pregnant women) that bring their male companions with them to the OB/GYN office and make them sit out in the waiting room while they go in and see the doctor. Ladies, way to make your man totally uncomfortable. Unless you’re pregnant, there is no need for a man to be there with you (unless you are not there for an exam and need him in the office for moral support). I was there recently and there was a lady waiting to see the doctor and not only was her husband there with her, but her two tween boys. What. The. Hell? I have never seen such looks of horror as I did on those three guys faces. I felt so sorry for them.
6. Pictures of feet. Gag. I don’t understand why people do that (especially if their feet are nasty) – it’s makes my skin crawl every time I see one pop up on Facebook.
7. Decaf coffee.
Now it’s your turn. What are some things that make you scratch your head?