With so many people these days realizing that a lot of their health problems have to do with Celiac Disease or Gluten Allergies it is becoming more common to see Gluten Free listed on foods and in restaurant menus. Unfortunately, it still takes some work and understanding to come up with easy to snack on gluten free foods. Here is a great list of 25 Gluten Free Snacks for you to choose from to satisfy that need for something crunchy, savory or sweet without causing discomfort.
25 GLUTEN FREE SNACKS
• Greek Yogurt: Pair with some granola or fresh fruit for a hearty snack or on it’s on for a boost of protein in your diet.
• Fresh Fruit: Fresh fruit of any variety is always a healthy option. Bananas, apples and oranges are easiest to pack on the go and in lunch boxes.
• Hard Boiled Egg: Hard boiled, deviled or scrambled with some fresh veggies they are great high protein no gluten snacks.
• Hummus with Veggies: Make your own or grab ready made and serve with celery, carrots, cucumbers, snow peas, broccoli or cauliflower. Make sure to read labels because gluten sneaks into many processed foods without notice.
• Baked Sweet Potato Fries: Wash, slice and roast a sweet potato for 15 minutes at 275 degrees for a tasty, no seasoning needed tasty snack or side dish.
• Kale Chips: Make your own or grab ready made. They are an acquired taste but surprisingly versatile and good.
• Rice Cakes: Top with your favorite fruit spread, peanut butter or chocolate spread for a tasty treat.
• Roasted Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds or other nuts of choice
• Peanut Butter
• Chocolate Covered Fruit or Nuts
• Corn Tortilla Quesadilla with cheese or veggies: Small corn tortillas are so inexpensive and easy to pair with a slice of cheese, a dash of cumin and some veggies for a quick easy quesadilla snack.
• Popsicles: Fresh fruit Popsicles are the best bet. Always read labels prior to purchase or make your own from fresh fruit juice or puree.
• Air Popped Popcorn (always check seasonings for added gluten)
• String Cheese Sticks
• Sliced Apples with Cheddar Cheese
• Smoothies: We love a base of Greek yogurt, fresh fruit and fruit juice or Almond Milk with a few cubes of ice
• Black Bean Brownies: Black Beans as a base remove the flour and create a rich and delicious chocolate brownie you won’t believe are made from beans.
• Lara Bars or Kind Bars
• Chex Cereal or Chex Mix
• Tomato Juice Blend
• Dark Chocolate
• Pepperoni or Beef Sticks
• Beef Jerky
• Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Slices: Slice bananas and dip into melted dark chocolate. Place on waxed paper until solidified then bag and freeze for easy yummy snacks that are gluten free and low in fat and calories.
Gluten Free is a diagnosis that requires some adjustments but does not leave you without great food choices. These 25 gluten free snacks are items you would normally grab that you might not think of being gluten free. It is easy to plan ahead by keeping some of these on hand at all times for easy lunch box packing, desk drawer filling or on the go breakfasts.