**I received a copy of Maleficent to review in exchange for my honest opinion of the movie. All opinions expressed here are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way**
I tried so hard to see Maleficent when it was in theaters last spring, but because of one thing or another, I just never ended up getting there. When I heard that the Blu-Ray & DVD Combo Pack was being released on November 4th, I knew I finally had my chance to see it. Last weekend, I sat down with a big bowl of popcorn to watch it.
In case you’re not familiar with the story, Maleficent is the story about the villain in the 1959 Disney film, Sleeping Beauty. To summarize, in the movie they tell the story of how Maleficent had her heart turned to stone by her first love who betrayed her. She spends her life trying to right the wrong that was done to her. I was captivated the entire time I was watching this movie. It was a great story and it was very well told.
I can’t say enough about Angelina Jolie who stars as Maleficent in the movie. Long before the movie was ever released I kept saying that she was the perfect casting choice and I was right. I honestly can’t even imagine anyone else playing the character. Her performance was incredible and she was absolutely perfect for the part.
Overall, Maleficent was one of my favorite movies of the year. I loved it and if you haven’t seen it yet, you should.
Maleficent is one of my favorite villains. I loved the character long before this movie was ever even thought of. If you love all things Maleficent, you have to give this Maleficent themed holiday ornament a try. Using a few basic crafting supplies and VERY little crafting skill, you can make your own Maleficent holiday ornament perfect for displaying on your tree. Take a peek so you can get started working your own Maleficent magic. This is a craft that is too fun to miss out on!
Clear tree ornament bulb
Black craft paint
Red felt or craft foam
Black pipe cleaners
1. Begin by pouring a few drops of black paint directly into the ornament. Slowly roll it and shake it so that the paint spreads, covering the inside of the ornament.
2. Add more paint as needed, repeating the process until the inside of the ornament is fully covered. On the outside, you only want to see the black show through.
3. Using your scissors and white felt, cut out a heart. You want the heart to be long and narrow. Use your scissors to create a dip in the forehead and slightly point toe curves of the heart.
4. Glue the felt to the front of the ornament to create the white face of Maleficent.
5. From the red felt, cut a small heart. Glue it to the bottom of the white heart to create her blood red lips.
6. Finish the Maleficent ornament by creating the horns. We twisted our pipe cleaner into the shape of her horns, and attached them with glue to the top of the ornament.
Now all you need to do is add a ribbon for hanging and you are ready to roll! Gather your supplies and give this Maleficent holiday ornament a try. It is a magical way to get into the spirit of the season…Maleficent style!
I do want to point out, that this movie is not lighthearted and I would not recommended it for younger children. There are a few parts in this movie that might scare younger kids.
Maleficent is available now for purchase on Blu-ray, DVD and in stores when ever DVD’s are sold.