If there is one thing that I remember from my childhood, it’s that my parents house was always decorated for every holiday imaginable. Not only did my mom put out decorations she bought from Bradlees (remember Bradlees??), but she would always put my sister, brother and me to work crafting homemade decorations. As a child I loved making Easter eggs out of paper plates and now that I have my own kids, they love making them, too. They are incredibly easy to make and I love that they help bring out the kids creativity! Plus, it’s pretty cool to walk into my house and see these cute Easter eggs everywhere.
Here’s what you need to make your paper plate eggs:
- Paper plate platter
- Green, blue, pink, and yellow craft paint
- Paint brush
- Plastic eggs
Here’s what you do:
1. Squirt a little of each color paint onto a separate plate or scrap paper.
2. Turn your paper plate platter over to the back side.
3. Open your plastic eggs up. You are going to use the circle part as a stamp, so just take the half of the egg and begin dabbing it into the paint.
4. Now that your plastic egg has paint on it, begin stamping it onto the paper plate starting in the middle.
5. Use your paint brush to make stripes, zigzags, and polka dots! Be sure to let your creativity flow when decorating your eggs. The more creative, the better!
6. Be sure to let your plates dry completely. Once they are all dry, hang them up and display them for Easter!
If you’re looking for an easy Easter craft to do with the kids, this is it. Not only are they easy to make, the kids can get as creative as they want with them.