This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TenaTips #CollectiveBias
I have been really trying to help my family live a healthier lifestyle lately. We have been eating better and getting more exercise and honestly it feels great. I have started working out a few times a week and we also do things together as a family, like hiking and bike riding. It’s been a wonderful way for my family to spend some quality time together. I have been really making an effort to be more active and it’s become something that I enjoy and look forward to. This weekend I had some free time and I decided what better way to enjoy the nice weather than doing my workout on the beach.
So picture this – me on the beach in a bikini with perfect hair and makeup, working out while looking flawless and barely breaking a sweat. Okay, okay, you got me – I really did go to the beach to work out but I definitely wasn’t looking like a supermodel in the process, haha. I did get in a nice workout though and it felt amazing to be out in the sun with such a beautiful view of the water.
Yes, I did say workout at the beach. One of my favorite things about the beach is that there are quite a few fun activities you can do that actually can give you a decent workout.
Here are some ways I workout at the beach:
1. Play some beach volleyball! Many beaches have nets already set up, so grab a few friends and get a game going. You will get in a great workout playing a game or two of volleyball on the sand.
2. Go swimming. Swimming is a great cardio workout and just 20-30 minutes in the water will burn tons of calories. Plus, it will cool you off. Bonus!
3. Go for a run. What I love about running at the beach is that I can do it barefoot. The impact on my feet is less than on a hard surface and the sand molds to my feet, so there really is no need for sneakers.
4. Walk in the Water. This is another beach exercise that I love because the water keeps me cool while I’m burning those calories. The trick with this one is to walk in water that is at least a foot deep, although I usually go in waist deep. With the resistance of the sand and the water, the harder I have to work and end up getting in a killer workout. The higher the water, the more intense of a workout I get.
5. Use buckets filled with sand as “dumbbells”. If you want to do some resistance training while you are at the beach, buckets filled with sand can make great weights. You can customize the weight of the buckets by using as much or as little sand as you want.
Now, normally I wouldn’t dare venture so far from home to exercise. The reason why is something that I am sure lots of you know about. LBL or Light Bladder Leakage is something that lots of people deal with. Men and women of all ages experience light bladder leakage that can really affect their day to day lives. After having kids, I experienced it for myself. Laugh too hard, sneeze or cough unexpectedly or make a sudden movement while working out and oops – LBL!
But this weekend I felt comfortable and secure enough to spend a few hours at the beach and get in a good workout without worrying about LBL. That’s because I had my new secret weapon. Tena Overnight Underwear provide protection against leaks, wetness and odors without being noticeable to anyone around you. They look and feel just like regular underwear but they are designed to protect you from leakage during the day and through the night. I wasn’t worried about looking like a was wearing a diaper and I definitely wasn’t worried about leakage or odors thanks to Tena’s triple protection.
During my workout, I didn’t even give a second thought to bladder leakage. I worked up a good sweat and felt confident because I was wearing Tena Overnight Underwear. I will be going to the beach to exercise regularly from now on since LBL is no longer a worry for me. Tena is making my life a little bit easier by giving me some of my freedom back. I don’t have to worry about going far from home and having a little accident.
Tena offers a whole line of products for men and women ranging from liners and guards to pad and pants systems so there is something to fit the needs of anyone dealing with any level of incontinence.
I ran to CVS to stock up on some Tena Overnight Underwear.
Designed for comfort and made for performance, TENA® incontinence products let you do the things you love, without missing out on any moment or experience. They are also available at CVS.com
There is a great deal going on at CVS if you need to stock up on TENA® products. It’s a one week promotion starting 6/19 – Buy One Get One 50% off AND Buy 2 get $2 Extra Bucks in-store offer. And be sure to take advantage of a great Ibotta rebate on Tena Overnight Underwear and Pads/Liners/Underwear, too!
Have you ever tried working out at the beach? If the answer is yes, what is your favorite way to get your workout in while you’re there?