I got invited to a Halloween party this year and want to bring a little gift for the hostess. I hate showing up to a party empty handed, so I ended up making this really easy fingerprint pumpkin for her. It only took a few minutes to make and I think it came out really cute. I had most of the supplies to make it on hand, but if you don’t already have them around your house, you can pick up everything you need for just a few dollars.
I am actually so happy with the way it came out that I am considering making a few more for the kids to give to their grandparents this year. Nana and Papa always love homemade gifts like this.
Here’s what you need:
- Orange craft paint or stamp pad
- White card stock or craft paper
- Small picture frame (You can get them at Michael’s for $1)
- Pair of Googly eyes
- Craft glue
- Black marker
- Green craft foam or green marker
Here’s what you do:
1. Press your thumb into the craft paint or stamp pad. Press firmly for good coverage.
2. Press the thumb to the center of the card stock or craft paper. Press firmly. Allow to dry.
3. Once the stamp is dry you can add facial details. We created a dot mouth and nose.
4. Add a dab of glue to the googly eyes and press into place.
5. Cut a small piece of green foam to make a stem. Glue into place. Or, use a green marker to make this detail.
6. Cut the card stock to fit the frame. Insert and secure into place.
What do you think? I think my friend will really like it and for just a few bucks, I think it’s a great little gift idea for Halloween parties or just to give out to friends & family.