Halloween is my favorite holiday. As soon as the weather starts to turn chilly, all I can think about is October 31st. For me, the month of October is a month long Halloween celebration. My family does every Halloween activity there is and we go all out when we decorate the house – I’m talking more than any other holiday (including Christmas). One of the best parts of Halloween for me is all the creative ways I can “creep out” snacks for the kids. There are a million and one ways to make festive Halloween snacks and treats and I am on a mission to make as many as possible. One of the festive treats I made this year were these Creepy Witch Fingers. They are crazy easy to make and they are pretty darn cool if I do say so myself.
Creepy Witch Finger Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Green candy melts
- Black licorice
- Black gel icing
Here’s what you do:
1. Lay a piece of parchment paper out a baking sheet.
2. Place 2 cups of your candy melts in a microwave safe dish and heat on 50% power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
3. Use a plastic fork or spoon to dunk your Nutter Butter cookies into the melted green chocolate.
4. Once your cookies are covered in green chocolate, set on your parchment paper.
5. Cut small pieces off your black licorice and place one on the end of each green cookie.
6. Carefully transfer your cookies to the freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Use your black gel icing to draw six curved lines on each “finger” and enjoy!
Do you get creative with your Halloween snacks? If not, these Witch Fingers are a great way to get started. Trust me, the kids will love them and they are perfect to bring to that Halloween party you were invited to (as long as there are no peanut allergies)!