If you’re looking for an easy, fun snack idea for St. Patrick’s Day, this recipe for Leprechaun Bark aught to do it. It’s colorful and has a great mix of flavors in every bite. My kids love when I make this for them and yours will, too. Leprechaun bark makes a great after-school snack or pack it up and save it for dessert after your boiled dinner on St. Patrick’s Day. Either way, it’s sure to be a big hit.
(Yields: 10 X 15 pan)
Here’s what you need:
- 12 oz bag Wilton dark cocoa candy melts
- 5-6 Air Heads Xtreme rainbow sour strips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mint M&M’s candies
- multi-colored confetti sprinkles
- gold ball sprinkles
Here’s what you do:
1. Line a 10 x 15 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the dark cocoa candy melts to a double boiler pan, under low/medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
3. Pour the melted chocolate on to the parchment-lined baking pan and smooth out evenly with a rubber spatula.
4. Lay the rainbow pieces randomly on top of the bark, going different directions. Add the mini marshmallows and green M&M’s candies on top. Lastly, sprinkle the multi-colored confetti and gold balls all over the chocolate. You will have to sprinkle rather quickly as the bark begins to harden within 5 minutes.
5. Chill for 1 hour to allow the bark to completely harden.
6. Once chilled, break into pieces and serve. HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
* Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Look at how cute this Leprechaun Bark is!
If you need a festive dessert that you can whip up easily, this Leprechaun Bark fits the bill for sure. It seriously could not be easier to make.
Do you plan on making a batch of Leprechaun Bark for St. Patrick’s Day this year?