With the summer quickly approaching, I figured what better time to talk about one of my favorite summertime beverages: Sangria! In case you don’t know what sangria is, it’s a wine based punch with fresh fruit added and it’s the perfect beverage to serve at a cookout, picnic or summer party. It’s fruity and goes with everything! I love, love, love sangria, which probably is a result of my love of wine, but I wanted to share my sangria recipe with you guys. Every time I’ve made it, it’s been a huge hit!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 bottle of red wine (I tend to use either a Sauvignon or Chardonnay, but if you have a preference, go for it.). You can use white wine if you insist, but I don’t think it works as well as red wine.
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar
- 2 cups of pineapple juice
- 2 cups of gingerale
Then mix it all up in a pitcher and let it sit for at least 2-3 hours in the fridge before you serve it. Once you’re ready to serve it, add a few ice cubes into the pitcher and enjoy!
The beauty of sangria is that you can add any fruits you like. I’ve added lemon or orange slices in the past & they both worked well in the recipe!
**This recipe is very easily doubled or tripled, so you might want to use a punch bowl if you’re making more!