If you know me in real life, you know I love, LOVE the beach. We only get about three months of good beach weather here in Massachusetts, but I take full advantage of it. Here’s the thing – some people are downright rude at the beach. I have very little patience for inconsiderate people, but there are a few small things that us humans can do to ensure everyone gets along and has an awesome day at the beach.
Here we go……
1. Please don’t smoke near other people. My kids don’t need to be inhaling your nasty ass second hand smoke, especially if we’re down-wind of you. So please have the decency to light up away from other people. I know, I know….it’s a free country, but come on – it’s gross.
2. Keep your music to yourself. It’s a beach – not a nightclub.
3. When you’re walking by other people, please be careful not to kick sand in their faces. Taking off your flip flops as soon as you hit the sand usually helps, but giving yourself a little distance from other beach goers will surely do the trick. And if you instill this in your kids from a young age, it will nip a huge first world problem right in the bud. For realz.
4. Along the same line, when you’re packing it up for the day, please don’t shake your towel near other people – especially if the wind is blowing. An eye full of sand is no fun – trust me, I know from experience.
4. Most of the time, there are families at the beach, but if you’re there alone with your boyfriend/girlfriend, please don’t grope each other. No one wants to see that, believe me. Get a room. Seriously. Continue reading »