I was having a conversation with someone the other day about someone that we knew mutually that’s absolutely cray cray (aka crazy)! The person in question was not playing with a full deck, that’s for sure. I mean she definitely is not the sharpest tool in the shed and she certainly isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer! To say she is not firing on all cylinders is a complete understatement.
Anyhow, the conversation led to other ways of saying someone is off their rocker and here’s the list we came up with:
1. He/She is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
2. The elevator doesn’t go up to the penthouse!
3. He/She is as sharp as a bowling ball.
4. He/She is one banana short of a bunch.
5. The wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead.
6. He/She is a few ants short of a picnic.