It’s said that you eat with your eyes before you even take a bite. These Exploding Sprinkle Surprise Valentine’s Day Cookies will have your party guests or a special someone doing a double-take when they bite into these sweet, buttery cookies packing a surprise.
To create these heart-shaped cookies perfect for class treats, Valentine’s Day dessert, or an easy homemade gift, you will need a simple sugar cookie dough. You can use your favorite recipe or use those handy pre-cut cookies you can find in grocery stores. (I promise I won’t snitch.)
Here is a tried and true recipe that results in a thinner, crunchy cookie, perfect for creating these stacked cookies.
You Will Need:
- 2 heart-shaped cookie cutters – one needs to be smaller than the other
- Sprinkles of any size or color
For the Dough:
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla (you can also use almond extract for a unique flavor)