This Northeastern United States location is rich with history. Vermont is a New England state that attracts tourists all year round. Whether you’re looking to arrive this summer for a little home away from home vacation, or spending the day in Vermont for fun, I’ve come up with a list of 10 sights to see while in Vermont that you must add to your travel bucket list.
- Ben & Jerry’s Flavor Graveyard – what’s a trip to Vermont without checking out the Ben & Jerry’s location in Waterbury, VT where you can see their old flavors graveyard.
- Cabot Creamery Tour – this factory in Cabot, VT isn’t ashamed, they’ll show you the process of product making from cow to cheese, when you schedule a tour.
- Lake Champlain Ferries – travel across the lake, in your car, on this ferry boat that delivers you over to New York State.
- Quechee Gorge – this gorge offers many nature trail walks and places to picnic while sightseeing in Vermont and it’s free.
- Bennington Battle Monument – enjoy 360-degree views of Vermont as you walk up this monument that documents one of the most pivotal battles of The American Revolution.
- Hildene, The Lincoln Family Home – tour the home of Robert Lincoln, the only surviving child of the former president and Mary Lincoln.
- Smugglers Notch State Park – once a smugglers path into Canada, these narrow trails offer you a nice nature walk that you can hike, bike or picnic at.
- Rockefeller National Historical Park – enjoy the 400 year old hemlocks in this national historical park, beautiful flowers, hiking trails and much nature to enjoy while in Vermont.
- Rock of Ages – located in Barre, VT this granite quarry served as a filming location for Star Trek’s 2009 movie and is surely a historical sight to see while in Vermont.
- Shelburne Museum – this museum is located in Shelburne, VT and features many historical buildings as well as a lighthouse and restored steamboat, Ticonderoga.
There are many more sights to see while in Vermont, but this list of 10 should surely help you learn more about Vermont’s rich history and enjoy some of the natural beauties Vermont has to offer anyone who ventures into its border.