If I told you that you could drastically cut down on your grocery bill all by shopping for certain things at Trader Joe’s, would you want to know how? I knew you would! Believe it or not, I wasn’t always a Trader Joe’s convert. But a few shops in, I knew I could never go back. I now see why they have a cult following. What I get there is less expensive and higher quality than most other grocery stores. That’s not to say I buy everything there, but there are definitely must-haves on my shopping list that I always pick up at Trader Joe’s.
And that’s not only because of reasons like they have the freshest produce or least expensive flowers, but because they have things you can’t get anywhere else too! On that note, let’s talk about my Trader Joe’s shopping trip must-haves shall we?
What I Always Buy at Trader Joe’s
1. Produce: I literally buy ALL my produce there. It’s inexpensive, always fresh and doesn’t go bad too fast.
2. Frozen fruit and veggies: They make the most delicious smoothies. Go for the frozen berries and spinach.
3. Low sodium broth: Broth can actually be kind of pricey, but not at TJ’s! I stock up so I have plenty on hand for my soup, quinoa, sauteed vegetables etc.
4. Chia seeds and flaxseeds: Anyone who’s visited a health food store knows how much these add up.
5. Olive oil: You can get a huge bottle for a song and then you won’t need to buy another one for at least a few months.
6. Flowers: I cannot think of a better place to buy fresh flowers. They make the best DIY floral arrangements and bouquets and are so much less than a florist!
7. Wine: Skip the liquor store and head to Trader Joe’s the next time you have a party! You won’t believe how much you’ll save.
8. Dairy: Eggs, butter and milk are outrageous these days and if you eat organic, forget it. You’ll want to pick those up there too.
9. Skillet meals: Sometimes you just want to take it easy. Meals in a bag are perfect for those days. And there are SO many options at Trader Joe’s!
10. Frozen Enchiladas: Never has frozen food tasted this good! I dress them up with fresh avocado and have an instant meal!
Now that you know why you’ll find me at Trader Joe’s every week, make a note of these Trader Joe shopping trip must-haves and get ready to fall in love with this one-of-a-kind store yourself!