Exercising everyday can sometimes be hard to do in between taking care of the kids, working like a madwoman, and balancing life with family and friends. If exercise isn’t part of your everyday routine it might seem impossible to add it in to a schedule that is already busting at the seams. Here are 10 Ways to Sneak Exercise In so that you can get the benefits of regular exercise without losing your mind in the process.
1. Before you get out of bed in the morning, raise your arms above your head and point your toes. Making your body flex every muscle and stretch out helps to wake you up and preps your body for the upcoming day.
2. Once you are out of bed take two minutes to really stretch. Reach for the sky and then bend at the waist and touch your toes, repeat this three times. This one move has almost the same impact on waking your brain up as a cup of coffee. It also stretches your backside out and helps you move more freely throughout the day.
3. Every time you use the restroom during the day, do 10 squats. By the end of the day you should have a 100 squats completed.
4. While you are waiting for the coffee to brew lift each knee up waist high. Alternate legs and do for one minute.
5. During each of your work breaks, do two sets of 10 lunges on each leg. That will give you 20-30 lunges by the end of the day and only have taken up 3-4 minutes of your time total.
6. To build upper body strength, push-ups work wonders. If you can’t get down on the floor then use a wall and push off of it with your feet at least 3 feet away from the wall. Do 2-3 sets of 10 during each of your breaks too.
7. While your kids are playing on the floor or doing homework, do 10 quick sit-ups. See how many sit-ups you can do in a minute. Work on doing these everyday as our abdominal muscles can be worked daily.
8. While making dinner, do small arm circles for 30 circles. Do 30 seconds forward then another 30 seconds backwards. Perfect to get in between stirring that yummy dinner!
9. After dinner, head outside and run for 30 seconds, walk for 5 minutes. You want at least 2 rounds, more if you have the time. Decrease the walk time when you can.
10. Before bed, stretch your arms and again and reach for the stars and then bend over and touch your toes. Let the day’s stress melt away as you do this detoxifying movement.