Vinegar is one of the most versatile items to have in your home. From cooking and cleaning up, to home remedies and even gardening, white distilled vinegar is a rock star. Grab a gallon at the store for under $5 and try these 10 ways to use vinegar.
10 Ways To Use Vinegar
1. For poached eggs add a tablespoon (tbsp) of white distilled vinegar to the water. This ensures the egg whites form better and helps the eggshells from cracking.
2. Tenderize meat by using vinegar in the marinades. Perfect to add to the slow cooker if using inexpensive, tough cuts of meat.
3. Boiling or steaming vegetables add in a teaspoon to help the veggies retain their color. It also reduces stomach gas from these vegetables as well as if added to beans.
4. Remove kitchen or household odors by boiling water with a small amount of distilled vinegar and let it work its way around the house.
5. Wash fresh veggies with a mixture of 1 qt of water with 1 tbsp of vinegar.
6. Clean a hummingbird feeder with white distilled vinegar. Using soap can leave behind harmful chemicals and hurt the little birds.
7. Clean the microwave with a ½ cup of water and ½ cup of vinegar. Bring it to a boil in the microwave, which loosens baked-on food and eliminates odors.
8. Get rid of fruit flies by pouring distilled vinegar into a dish and leaving it out.
9. Stop ants from invading by spraying vinegar on windowsills and on the outside of doorways.
10. Prevent static cling by adding ½ cup of distilled vinegar to the wash cycle.
How do you use vinegar?