I think we overlook that tween boys (ages 9-12) have a lot of energy to burn off, like younger kids. We see all these fun activities for little kids to stay busy during the summer! But, what about tweens? I am compiling a list of different activities to do this summer for tween boys!
All of these activities can be tweaked to fit the interest of your boys! I love finding fun and creative ways to let your boys pass the day, instead of playing video games non-stop or lounging on the couch! Get out have fun, or find things to do inside to beat the summer heat, and just have fun!
I also think it can be fun to let your tween create a bucket list of items they want to do this summer. They will have so much fun marking things off their bucket list, and looking forward to the next event! A really awesome way to enjoy the summer and not get bored!
How to Keep Your Tween Boy Entertained This Summer
1. Build a Fort In Back Yard
2. Go Fishing for the Day
3. Visit an Amusement Park/Fair
4. Water Balloon Fight or Water Gun Fight
5. Night Tag with Flashlights
6. Go Rafting down River
7. Visit local lake for the day
8. Movie Night at Home with Snacks
9. Go Bowling
10. Water Park
11. Build a Bonfire
12. Make Your Own Comic Books
13. Board Game Day – Play all the games you have
14. Find an archery range
16. Go to a paintball range
17. Day at a Ballgame
18. Video Game Tournament – Compete to see who can complete stages fastest
19. Ice Cream Dinner Date
20. Zoo or Aquarium Trip
21. Play in the Rain – Next time it rains
22. Go play soccer or tennis at the park
23. Ride bikes around the neighborhood
24. Let kids have a slumber party with friends
26. Make sand castles
27. Make a treasure hunt for your son in the back yard
28. Free Workshops at Home Depot and Lowes stores
29. Sleep in a tent in backyard one night
30. Create a bug collection
31. Search Pinterest for Fun Science Experiments
32. Fly a kite
33. Egg toss competition
34. Stay in a hotel for a night as a mini vacation
35. Visit a library
I hope that you can find some inspiration from this list of activities! Just getting out of the house and spending time with your son/children is a great way to make wonderful memories over summer break. Kids don’t require a lot to stay entertained! They just want attention and something besides lounging around on the couch all day!
What is a fun activity you do with your family during school break?