One of the biggest problems people struggle with when it comes to losing weight and eating healthy is portion control. We always wanna go back for that second plate and buffets are the worst thing that ever happened to us! LOL. If you pay attention and try your hardest you can really work on portion control and it will extremely effect your look and health!
1. Use smaller plates. If you use a smaller plate it will appear that you have more food on your plate and your mind will believe that after your one plate, you’re full. You won’t need to eat extra food or go back for seconds. It’s smart to use a salad or side dish plate for your main meal rather than a big huge plate, that is just more room for you to fill up your plate with unhealthy foods!
2. Portion out snacks ahead of time. When it comes to snacks such as chips, pretzels, or cheez its get small snack baggies and portion them ahead of time according the proper serving size on the nutrition facts rather than eating from the bag or box! This will save you so many calories and leave you feeling satisfied without breaking your diet! I’ve found doing this and writing the calories of that portion on the baggy really helps with not eating so many salty, unhealthy snacks!
3. Always remember, half of your plate should contain vegetables of some sort, 1/4 of meat or protein and 1/4 of carbs or starches! You can never have too many veggies! Eat as many of those as you want to fill yourself up so you eat less food that is bad for you! Veggies whether they may be raw, steamed, cooked, or grilled even are a delicious side dish that is always a healthy option! It’s extremely important to eat a portion of vegetables with any meal that you eat!
4. Put away any leftovers before you start eating, this way you aren’t tempted to go back and get another plate! Out of sight, out of mind! If you don’t see the food sitting there on your counter. You are way less tempted to go get more to eat!
5. Drink a whole glass of water before you eat. This will help to make you feel fuller in turn causing you to feel full faster and eat less food! Drinking water before a meal not only makes you full faster but it helps to digest your food better and helps you burn the calories off faster.
Using these simple tips when it comes to eating proper portions will be extremely beneficial to your health! Portion control is the biggest factor when it comes to losing weight!