From the minute I walked into my house it was love at first sight. I knew as soon as I walked through the door that it was built for me. It’s an older home (built in 1954), but the charm of it caught my eye immediately and I just knew that I had to live in it. My then husband and I put in an offer right away and were giddy when we got the news that the owners accepted it.
The people that owned the home before us redid the interior of the house over the course of three years, so it was basically all brand new inside when we moved in. There was one thing that had me scratching my head about all of the work they did, though. The carpeting they installed up the stairs and throughout the whole upstairs of the house. It’s off-white. There isn’t a lot of natural light, so I am sure they were just trying to brighten things up, but come on, off white?
We talked about replacing the carpet because we knew we planned on having kids who would inevitably soil it, but we kept putting it off. Now here I am 15 years later and the carpet is still there. Trust me when I say, it’s seen better days.
Cue Alpine Cleaners.
Alpine Cleaners, is a premium carpet and upholstery cleaning company based right here in Massachusetts. They only use safe, all natural cleaning products. Alpine Cleaners was started in 1989 by Keith DiGregorio and his business is still going strong with the help of his son, Ryan. Keith and Ryan were at my house recently to clean that off white carpeting I was just telling you about.
Before I tell you about everything they did while they were at my house, I have to tell you how happy I am with the results. To be honest, I really wasn’t convinced that my carpeting could be saved, but they proved me wrong. It looks like new.
Keith and Ryan were very professional, they showed up on time (which is a huge plus in my book) and were super friendly. How many times have you had a service guy in your house and they don’t want to have anything to do with you. Keith and Ryan took the time to explain what they were doing because they really wanted to make sure I was happy with their service. That’s one of the main reasons why I love family owned businesses.
At Alpine Cleaning, they have a 10 Step Premium Carpet Cleaning Process. They go over and above to make sure their customers are satisfied.
1. Pre-Inspection. When they arrive, Keith and Ryan will visually inspect the carpet so that they can find any potential permanent stains and let you know what they can do to clean it, if anything (some things are permanent).
2. Commercial Pre-vacuum. Of course you vacuum, but they are able to get up all that stuff that’s embedded deep down into your carpet with their commercial power vacuum. Believe me, I was horrified when I saw what came up out of my carpeting- especially considering I had just vacuumed a few days prior. It’s really important to remove the dry soil so that they can move on to the next step.
3. Furniture Moving. Their regular pricing includes moving sofas, chairs, tables and smaller items. Beds, dressers, and heavier pieces may or may not be possible to move. Keith and Ryan will tell you if they can’t move something and clean around it.
4. Pre-spray. Alpine Cleaners uses a non detergent, green certified, odorless and colorless preconditioning agent. It’s designed break down the soil that builds up in those high traffic areas. It is non-toxic and hypo-allergenic, too.
5. Pre-spot. Difficult spots are pre-treated with special solutions to increase chances of removal. Here’s where I am going to chime in with my personal experience.
I have had this stain on the carpet in my bedroom for a number of years. I am not sure exactly what it was, but my best guess is a combination of dog pee, sweat, drool and dirt that he dragged in. Even though Milo was not allowed upstairs, we found him there a lot. Eventually my husband and I just moved the bed over to cover the spot because the store bought carpet cleaner I got just wasn’t working.
I didn’t think the spot would ever come out, but low and behold – it’s now gone!
6. Pre-grooming/Agitation. Keith and Ryan will use a professional carpet groomer to loosen the soil even more.
7. Soil Extraction and Rinse. The carpet is thoroughly rinsed using hot water and a powerful extraction cleaning system. I love that it didn’t leave the carpet soaking wet and more importantly, there was no sticky residue left behind.
8. Post Spot. If there are any spots/stains still there, they will get extra treatment with one of their specialty spotting solutions.
9. Post Groom. Your carpet is groomed with a professional groomer so that the pile of your carpet is standing tall when they leave. It also helps the carpet dry faster and in the right position.
10. Post Cleaning Inspection. When they are all done, they will walk through your home with you to point out the cleaning results to make sure that you are completely happy with the job they did. I was. They cleaned all of my upstairs carpeting (two bedrooms and a hallway) and my stairs. I was blown away by how great it looked by the time they were done.
Here are a few photos I snapped while they were working. I assure you that I actually do vacuum my carpets, but for a minute there I felt like it looked like I didn’t. You can really see the difference, huh?
Premium carpet cleaning services:
1. Anti-Allergen Package
2. Stain Protection Package
3. Standard Package
Details on what each package includes can be found here. Oh, and guess what? There are no surprises when it comes to the price. They charge by the square foot, so as long as you can do math, you can figure out the price. I don’t like surprises, so I think it’s great when there are no hidden fees or costs. If they don’t move a bid piece of furniture to clean the carpet underneath it, they don’t charge you for that square footage.
Alpine Cleaners doesn’t just do carpets, either. They offer upholstery cleaning, oriental and area rug cleaning, fiber and fabric protection, tile and grout cleaning and color sealing, drapery cleaning, urine damage treatment, mold inspections and remediation, and basement dehumidification.
You can find Alpine Cleaners on Facebook. In addition to a whole bunch of customer testimonials, you will get to see some pretty awesome examples of their work.
It says on their website that their vision is to become the most recommended service in Massachusetts simply because of how much we care. After meeting them and seeing the quality of their work, I will be recommending them to everyone I know! I am thrilled at how they brought my ratty old carpeting back to life.
Alpine Cleaners are based out of the Worcester area, but willing to travel a little bit. Call them at 508-347-8085 to set up your cleaning! They even offer 100 square feet of free carpet cleaning to any first time customer!
**My sincerest thanks to Keith and Ryan for coming out to clean my carpets. I really am beyond thrilled with the results.