I was having a conversation with one of my friends the other day about someone that we knew mutually. This mutual “friend” is just absolutely cray cray (aka crazy) and needless to say, this person in question is definitely not playing with a full deck, that’s for sure. I mean she definitely is not the sharpest tool in the shed and she certainly isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer! To say she is not firing on all cylinders is a complete understatement (see what I am doing there lol)!
Anyhow, the conversation led to other ways of saying someone is completely off their rocker and here is the full list that we came up with:
1. He/She is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
2. The elevator doesn’t go up to the penthouse!
3. He/She is as sharp as a bowling ball.
4. He/She is one banana short of a bunch.
5. The wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead. (this one is one of my personal favorites).
6. He/She is a few ants short of a picnic.
7. He/She is four cents short of a nickel.
8. He/She is knitting with only one needle.
9, He/She is a few eggs short of a dozen.
10. He/She is eating with only one chopstick.
11. His/Her cord doesn’t quite reach the outlet.
12. He/She is 1 peanut short of a Snickers.
13. He/She has a bit too much yardage between the goal posts!
14. He/She is one coffee bean short of a cappuccino.
15. His/Her rocket isn’t working on all thrusters.
Do you have anything else to add to the list? I am sure there are a lot more ways to say that someone is crazy that we just didn’t think of. If you have a good one, please leave me a comment or email me with yours and I will add it to the list.