**Disclosure: My family received a copy of Big Hero 6 on Blu-ray & DVD at no charge. All opinions expressed here are strictly my own and were not influenced in any way**
Have you ever wanted to make your favorite character from Big Hero 6, but weren’t sure where to start? We recently got a copy of Disney’s Big Hero 6 on Blu-ray & DVD and I wanted to bring Baymax to life for my kids while we watched the movie, so I put my baking skills to the test. You can make these Baymax from Big Hero 6 cupcakes too! Just follow along.
- 1 or 2 cupcake pans
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 tube of black icing
- 1 tube of vanilla frosting
- Cupcake liners
Here’s what you do:
1. Mix the cake mix together as instructed on the box.
2. Add the cupcake liners to the cupcake pan. You can use mini cupcake pans or a big cupcake pan, both work fine!
3. Cook the cupcakes in the oven according to the time instructed on the box of cake mix you use. I baked mine at 350 degrees for around 19 minutes. (Also, make sure you fill up your cupcake liner with enough cake mix)!
5. Add the white frosting to each cupcake. This doesn’t have to be fancy! Add the white frosting to the best of your ability and smooth it out with a spoon.
6. Add the eyes and mouth from Baymax. I used black frosting but you can use black baking gel to complete the look.
When the cupcakes were ready, we sat down to watch Big Hero 6. In case you missed it when it was in the theaters, here’s what it was all about:
With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Big Hero 6” is an action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to Baymax and his diverse group of friends — adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred — who transform into a band of unlikely heroes. Bring home Disney’s “Big Hero 6,” featuring comic-book-style action and hilarious, unforgettable characters — it’s fun for the whole family!
We may or may not have seen this movie four times in the theater (hey, it was an awesome movie), so my boys were just a little happy when a copy of the DVD showed up in the mail a few weeks ago. Heck, I loved it just as much as my boys and we have been watching the movie pretty much non stop since we got it.
I my opinion, this is one of the best Disney movies to date. It’s got a great story line, the characters are awesome and it’s one of those movies that holds your attention the entire time. It is seriously, a great movie and we all love it.
If you haven’t seen it yet, you should. If you have, you should see it again. Big Hero 6 is available now where ever Disney Blu Ray & DVD’s are sold.
Be sure to keep up with Baymax and all his friends on Social Media, too:
DMA App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disney-movies-anywhere-watch
Have you seen Big Hero 6 yet? Who was your favorite character from the movie?