My hubby and I both love buffalo chicken, but my kids aren’t big fans. I get it, though. I didn’t like buffalo chicken until I was an adult, so I can’t fault them. Hey, at least they tried it! Since they spend a few nights at their dad’s house every week, I can make one of my favorite buffalo chicken meals while they are not here. Buffalo Beer Can Cornish Hens! I made them recently for Christian and I while the boys weren’t here and man, were they good! They are surprisingly easy to make and the meat comes out so moist and tender.
Buffalo Beer Can Cornish Hens
Here’s what you need:
- Cornish Hen (s)
- Buffalo Sauce
- Skinny Can Beer (Such as Michelob Ultra)
Here’s what you do:
1. Rub some salt & pepper on your hen (s).
2. Either drink or pour out half of each beer because you want each can to only be half full (a full can will boil over when baking).
3. Place your hen on to the half full can of beer.
4. Place your hens in an oven set at 350 degrees. Bake until hens reach 180 degrees.
5. Remove from oven and spread buffalo sauce on each hen and then place them back in the oven for 5 minutes.
6. Once the 5 minutes is up, take the hens out of the oven and remove them from the beer cans.
7. Serve & enjoy your Buffalo Beer Can Cornish Hens!
Not only are these Buffalo Beer Can Cornish Hens easy to make, but they are so flavorful, tender and moist. If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal idea, this recipe should do quite nicely!
I hope you get a chance to make these Buffalo Beer Can Cornish Hens sometime soon. If you love buffalo chicken, this recipe should make your family real happy!