Now that old man winter has found us here in New England, the cold weather and snow are here to stay for a while. We actually got our first snow last week, which was a bit early for us here in southeastern Massachusetts, but it definitley comes with the territory. The boys were sure happy to have a day off from school!
After an afternoon of playing in the snow, and more importantly, shoveling, there’s nothing better than coming inside to a warm cup of hot chocolate when you’re all done. I had some mini candy canes in the house, so I decided to make some Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Dippers to make our hot chocolates a bit more fun and festive. They’re easy to make, and definitely brightened up our hot chocolate.
Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Dippers
Here’s what you need:
- Mini Candy Canes
- Large Marshmallows
- Red, Green, & White Wilton’s Chocolate Discs
- Assorted Christmas Sprinkles
Here’s what you do:
1. Unwrap your candy canes and carefully press each one into the middle of a marshmallow. Once you’re done, set them aside on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
2. In separate bowls, melt each of the colored chocolate discs according to the package directions.
3. Holding by the candy cane, dip each marshmallow into one color of chocolate. Over the cookie sheet, sprinkle on the Christmas sprinkles and set down on the parchment paper once you’re done.
4. Repeat these steps until you have as many marshmallows that you’d like.
5. Let the chocolate dry and once it is, your dippers are ready to dip into your hot chocolate!
All you have to do now is enjoy your Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Dippers in your hot chocolate!!
These Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Dippers are a simple and fun treat. Ready in just minutes, this easy recipe will brighten up your favorite hot chocolate!