When you husband comes to you the night before he needs to bring in a treat to work for his company Christmas party, what do you do? Freak out? Yes. It’s like 6 pm on a Wednesday night, I am in the middle of making dinner and I needed to come in with something quick and easy. I decided on these Candy Cane Pretzel Rods because they definitely fit the bill. They are not only festive looking, they are really tasty, too!
Candy Cane Pretzel Rods
Here’s what you need:
- Wilton bright white candy melts
- Pretzels rods
- Red sprinkles
You will also need:
- Tall glass
- Parchment paper
- Small Microwave safe bowl
- Spatula or spoon
Here’s what you do:
1. In your small bowl, cook your candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes or until Melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Pour your melted chocolate into your tall glass.
3. Place your pretzel in your glass, use your spatula to cover the pretzel rod with the chocolate (leave the end bare so you can grab it without touching the melted chocolate).
4. Once your pretzel is covered, set it onto the parchment paper.
5. Pour your red sprinkles into the lid of the sprinkle container.
6. Carefully make stripes onto the pretzel with the sprinkles by pouring then on very close.
7. Move pretzels to a new clean piece of parchment paper to dry/harder for a cleaner look.
8. Let the chocolate dry/harden for about 30 minutes and enjoy!
These Candy Cane Pretzel Rods went into work with my hubby and I heard they were a big hit. But then again, who doesn’t love that sweet and salty mix? Yum.
If you’re looking for a quick holiday dessert to bring to a party or just have around the house, these Candy Cane Pretzel Rods are really easy to make in a jiffy.