I always like to have a snack ready for my boys when they get home from school. Both of them come off the bus hangry, so recently I whipped up these Candy Corn Sugar Cookies. With the candy corn they are festive and perfect for the fall. Plus they are easy to make and seriously, what kid doesn’t love a nice warm cookie when they get home from school?
Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 2 ¾ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of candy corn
- ½ cup of caramel chips
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl whisk your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. It should take you about 4 minutes using a hand mixer.
4. Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture and mix together. Slowly add in the flour mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons of flour mixture. Be sure not to over mix!!
5. Toss in the candy corn and caramel chips along with the 2 tablespoons of flour. Add caramel chips to cookie mixture.
6. On a well greased pan, add 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for jumbo cookies, or 1 ½ teaspoons for regular sized cookies. Top them with candy corn.
7. Bake jumbo cookies for 13-15 minutes or until edges become slightly golden brown. Bake regular cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool fully before serving.
This recipe makes about 12 jumbo cookies and about 24 regular cookies.
Pro tip: If you add candy corn into the cookie dough, when spooning dough onto the cookie sheet, be sure to either have candy corn within the center of the ball or on top to keep the candy corn from melting onto the sheet.
My kids loved these Candy Corn Sugar Cookies and the entire batch was gone in record time.