The only thing that can make a great movie or TV series even better is a four-legged star, am I right? My boys love watching anything that involves animals, especially when it comes to cats and dogs. I am happy to say that their love of animals extends far beyond the television. Both of my boys will happily pick up any book that revolves around animals and with that in mind, I decided to sit down and make a fun craft with them: a cat bookmark.
Using just a few inexpensive supplies, you can make a cat bookmark just like the one you see here. It is the perfect way to be sure you never lose your place in a great book again. Here is how you can get started crafting your own.
Crafting foam and/or felt
Small craft pom pom
1. Begin by creating the shapes you will need to form your cat. You will need four triangles (2 in medium size, 2 in small) a large arch, two small arches, a candy cane shape for the tail, and some strips for whiskers. Cut out your shapes as you see here.
2. You can now begin to assemble your pieces and see your cat form. Layer and glue the two ears first and attach to the top of the large arch.
3. Glue the pom pom to the center of the face. This will be the nose of the cat. Add the strips to the side to act as whiskers.
4. Glue the small two arches to the bottom of the body to look like paws
5. Now, glue the candy cane shape to the back of the body. Let it hang low as this will be the tail and the part that hangs out of the book.
Your cat bookmark craft is now ready to be enjoyed. Simply place it in the book and allow the tail to hang outside of the book. The next time you need to find your page, all you need to do is open where the tail is.
Give this easy cat bookmark craft a try. It is a great way to add some fun to reading time! When the kids are finished with their book and still want even more animals in their lives, Netflix has you covered. They have tons of shows & movies starring animals for you to stream.
Oh, and did you know that the world’s greatest feline fighter, whose swashbuckling adventure-comedy series, The Adventures of Puss in Boots, just came to Netflix on Jan. 16th? Our family sat down to watch it the other day and loved it, so if you are a big fan of Puss (or any cats in general), you’e going to want to check it out. It was hilarious.
If your kids love animals as much as mine do, there are so many options over on Netflix for your family to watch. Here are some four-legged stars to stream on Netflix:
For your little kids:
1. Pet Party
2. Clifford’s Puppy Days
3. Littlest Pet Shop
4. The Adventures of Milo and Otis
5. Snow Buddies
6. Sabrina, The Animated Series
For your big kids:
1. The Adventures of Puss in Boots
3. Step Dogs
5. Hachi: A Dog’s Tale
6. Air Bud
7. Monkey Trouble
And for teens and parents:
1. Anchorman 2
3. Family Guy
5. Red Dog
I can’t wait to curl up on the sofa and watch them all! So tell me, what are some of your favorite shows or movies starring animals?