If you are looking for a fun Easter treat, these Chocolate Chip Easter Bunnies ought to do the trick. They’re easy to make, super festive and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Chocolate Chip Easter Bunnies
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 C. Butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. granulate sugar
- 1 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 C. flour
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- pink jelly beans
- 12 Wilton chocolate candy melts
- large candy eyes
- disposable piping bag
- small round frosting tip
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine the melted butter egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, granulate sugar and brown sugar.
4. Slowly fold in the baking soda and flour.
5. Lastly, add in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour the cookie dough mixture into the prepared baking dish and evenly spread using the back of a spoon.
7. Place in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes.
8. Once it’s cooked completely, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
9. Once it has cooled completely, lift the baked cookie out of the baking dish.
10. Use the bunny cookie cutter to cut out each bunny and set aside.
11. Pour 1/2 of the Wilton chocolate candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring until melted. Let the chocolate cool a few minutes.
12. Attach the small round frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with melted chocolate. A Ziploc bag will work in a pinch if you don’t have a piping bag.
13. Squeeze a small amount of melted chocolate onto the back of the jelly beans and eyes and put in place.
14. Lastly, give each bunny a mouth by forming a double sided ‘J’. Repeat each step with all of the bunnies.
Using a cookie cutter like the one I used should net you between 4-6 bunnies. Just be sure to cut them very close together.
Hope you get a chance to make some Chocolate Chip Easter Bunnies this year, too!