There is so much I love about summer. The beach, picnics, lazy days and ice cream! Of course ice cream is good any time of the year, but doesn’t it taste especially good in the summer? These Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookies that I made recently really hit the spot! They are easy to make and homemade is always better, right?
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup of granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1½ cup of chocolate chips
1 ½ cups of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, slightly softened
Additional Chocolate Chips (if desired)
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together.
3. In a large bowl, add in softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk or beat on low for 2-3 minutes until it’s a creamy consistency.
4. Add in eggs and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture. Beat on low or whisk for an additional minute or two. Being sure it is well blended.
5. Gently add in flour mixture to egg and sugar mixture. Beat on low or whisk for 3-4 minutes, being sure it is well combined. (Don’t overbeat it.)
6. Gently fold in 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips.
7. To a parchment lined baking sheet, add in a tablespoon of cookie dough, with about 3 inches of space between each other. (If you want jumbo cookies, add in two tablespoons with even more space in between.)
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
9. Remove cookies from oven, but leave cookies on pan for about 7-10 minutes. Remove cookies and allow to fully cool on iron racks.
10. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of ice cream to a bottom of one cookie. Spread it evenly and layer another cookie (bottom touching ice cream) to create a sandwich. Repeat until you have your desired amount.
Optional, add chocolate chip cookies to a plate. Gently coat the center of the cookie with chocolate chips.
Oh, and be sure to freeze the Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookies for about an hour before serving.