Those of you who know me in real life know that I hate Valentine’s Day with a passion. I am part of the team that thinks people shouldn’t be forced to show love on one particular day of the year, but since I became a mom my views about this made up holiday have changed a little. I show my kids that I love them every single day of their lives, but on Valentine’s Day I do usually tend to give in to societal norms because of them. This year, we are all going to enjoy some Chocolate Covered Strawberries to “celebrate” Valentine’s Day. Of course, chocolate covered strawberries are good any day, but these ones are a little more festive because I went all out for Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Valentine’s Day
Here’s what you need:
- Large strawberries
- Light cocoa, bright white and red candy melts
- Valentine sprinkles
- Piping bags (or Ziploc bags will work you don’t have any piping bags)
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by washing your strawberries and letting them dry completely. Then lay them out a piece of parchment paper.
2. In three separate small microwave safe bowls, melt two cups of each color candy melts on 50% power for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Add about 1/4 of each melted chocolate into separate piping bags or you can use a Ziploc bag and just cut a tiny tip off of the end.
4. Dip your strawberries into your melted chocolate cups and place them on to your parchment paper. Let them harden for about 15 minutes.
5. Drizzle your melted chocolate from your piping bags over your chocolate covered strawberries.
6. Top with the sprinkles of your choice immediately (before the chocolate hardens) and let the chocolate harden for another 5 minutes.
Enjoy your chocolate covered strawberries!
Hope you get the chance to make some Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Valentine’s Day. They are easy to make and the perfect treat for those of you who celebrate.