My boys come off the bus starving. Every. Single. Day. If I didn’t know better, I would swear they didn’t eat lunch. So like a good mom, I always have a snack ready for them when they get off the bus. Sometimes their snack is something as simple as a pack of Goldfish crackers, but every now and then I like to get a little more creative with the snacks. These Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Orange Slices are a perfect after-school snack because not only are they delicious, they are ready in almost no time. Plus, the kids love them.
Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Orange Slices
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Shortening
- 4-5 Mandarin Oranges (Or as many as you want)
Here’s what you do:
1. Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper or a baking mat.
2. Peel your oranges and set them aside.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl add your chocolate chips and shortening. Melt chocolate chips until the chocolate is nice and smooth. I generally stir every 15-20 seconds and it takes a couple of minutes to melt the chocolate completely.
4. Dip each mandarin orange slices halfway into the melted chocolate and then place them on your parchment paper or baking mat.
5. Refrigerate your orange slices for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. That’s it. Simple as that! You can now enjoy your Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Orange Slices!
It seriously doesn’t get any easier than that, guys. These Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Orange Slices are an easy snack to whip up for after school or even to bring to the next get-together you are invited to. They always go over BIG!
Have you ever had Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Orange Slices before? If not, I highly recommend them the next time you are in the mood for a sweet treat.