If you want to make a fun and festive Christmas treat this year, check out these Christmas Tree Brownies. They are incredibly easy to make and they are absolutely adorable. I’ve made them a few times already this year and will undoubtedly be making them again and again before December 25th.
Christmas Tree Brownies
Here’s what you need:
- Brownie Mix
- Eggs (the number specified on the box of brownie mix)
- Vegetable Oil
- Green Frosting
- Mini Candy Canes
- Nonpareils (Round Sprinkles) or Christmas sprinkles
- Star Sprinkles
Here’s what you do:
1. Cook the brownies according to the directions on the box in a baking dish lined with parchment paper. It’s crucial that you line the baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Be sure to allow the brownies to cool completely. Once they are completely cool, remove the brownies from the baking dish by grabbing the corners of the parchment paper. Trust me, using the parchment paper makes getting the brownies out of the pan so much easier. I learned this trick about a year ago and wonder why I didn’t think of it sooner!!
3. Use a sharp knife or even a pizza cutter to cut out tree-shaped triangles from the brownies.
4. Break the rounded end off of the candy cane and insert one into the bottom of each triangle.
5. Fill a piping bag (or use a ziploc bag with the end cut off) to pipe green frosting onto the brownies. You could also spread the frosting with a knife – whatever works best for you.
6. Add a star sprinkle to the top of each brownie.
7. Sprinkle colorful nonpareils or Christmas sprinkles across the brownie to make them look festive.
The only thing left to do is enjoy your Christmas Tree Brownies.
They are almost too cute to eat, aren’t they?
I will be making more of these within the next week for an early Christmas get-together and I am definitely getting the kids involved next time. They will love helping me create some festive Christmas Tree Brownies.