Recently I made some Froot Loops Waffles for brinner (breakfast for dinner). The kids loved them and pretty much devoured them. My youngest son loves his Cinnamon Toast Crunch and we always have a box in the house. I decided that since the Froot Loops Waffles went over so well that I would try my hand at some Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles. I was hoping they would be as big of a hit as the Froot Loops one. They were!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by preheating your waffle iron.
2. Next crush up your Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. I crushed mine in a bowl, but when my husband makes them he does it in a Ziploc bag. Either way is fine.
3. In a large bowl, add in all of your dry ingredients and mix together.
4. In another bowl, whisk your wet ingredients together.
5. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients in the large bowl.
6. Scoop about a ¼ cup of the waffle mix onto your waffle iron and cook until waffles are done.
7. Top with your favorite waffle toppings. I went with strawberries on mine, but add whatever YOU like on yours. Enjoy!
It’s funny because I am actually not a big Cinnamon Toast Crunch fan, but I loved these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles. It was totally different having them in a waffle as opposed to eating them in a bowl with milk. I think you will like them, too.
I hope you like these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles as much as my family did. Have you ever added cereal to your waffles? If not, try it – it’s good!