What’s your favorite cereal? Hands down mine is Cocoa Pebbles and you can be guaranteed that no matter when you walk into my house, there is a box of Cocoa Pebbles handy. I would literally live on them if I could.
Anyhow, one of my sister’s in law inspired me to get a little creative with my Cocoa Pebbles. She makes these ah-mazing Fruity Pebbles bars (like Rice Krispie treats, but with Fruity Pebbles instead). They are seriously awesome, but after a little thought, I decided that I could make something pretty awesome out of my Cocoa Pebbles. So I did. I made these awesome Cocoa Pebbles donuts and to say they’re a hit in my house is a complete understatement. As soon as I make them, they’re gone. Seriously – within 30 minutes.
You’re intrigued, right? Here’s the recipe:
Cocoa Pebbles Donuts
Here’s what you need:
- 6 Cups cocoa pebbles cereal
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- White Wilton chocolate melts
- 1/2 tablespoons butter or non stick cooking spray
You will also need:
- 9×13 baking pan
- Decorating bag
- Circle cookie cutters (Walmart has a great variety pack)
Here’s What you do:
1. Grease the bottom and sides of your baking pan with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, heat your marshmallows and butter for about 45 seconds or until your marshmallows get puffy.
3. Add in your Cocoa pebbles and mix well.
4. Press into the bottom of your pan.
5. Set in freezer for 15 minutes to cool quickly.
6. Now that your Cocoa pebble treats are cooled, begin using your large circle cookie-cutter to cut out “donuts”.
7. Now use your small circle cookie-cutter to cut out the centers of your “donuts”.
8. Heat one cup of your chocolate melts for 3 to 4 minutes on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
9. Pour your melted chocolate into your decorating bag and cut a small tip off the end of the bag.
10. Begin drawing on your frosting with your melted chocolate filled bag.
11. To finish your donuts, top off with sprinkles.
Do you get creative with your cereal?