Since we still have another month or two of the cold weather here in New England, I am not ready to put the crockpot away for the season yet. I don’t know what I’d do without my beloved crockpot! I use that thing several times a week and one of my family’s favorite meals is this Creamy and Delicious White Chicken Chili. It’s not easy to get everyone in the house to agree on a meal, but this is one that everyone likes – so needless to say I make it fairly often. It’s easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious.
Creamy and Delicious White Chicken Chili
Here’s what you need:
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken, shredded
- 2 cans white beans
- 7 oz can green chilies
- Cilantro to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 15 oz canned corn, drained
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by dicing up a medium yellow onion. Brown the onion in a skillet until translucent and set aside.
2. Shred 3 cups of cooked chicken and set aside.
3. Turn your crockpot on the low setting. Combine beans, onions, corn, lime juice, spices, cilantro, broth, milk and chilies.
4. Cook on low setting for 2 hours.
5. Turn your crockpot to high heat and add the cream cheese. Be sure to allow the cream cheese to melt in completely.
6. Add in the shredded chicken. Allow chicken to heat through.
7. Serve with avocados, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, tortilla strips or cornbread.
This White Chicken Chili is a favorite in my house. We make it often in the winter and it’s always one of the most requested meals around here.
If you are looking for a hearty crockpot meal, try this Creamy and Delicious White Chicken Chili. It’s easy to make and your family will love it.