I don’t know about you, but I am super excited about the fact that it’s finally spring. Once the nice weather rolls around here in New England, I like to plan out dinners that my family can enjoy al fresco. To me, food just seems to taste better when it’s eaten outside. Am I right? That is why these Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches are the perfect spring/summer meal. They are really easy to make and they definitely taste better when eaten outside. Ok, ok, they taste good no matter where you eat them, but try them outside – you’ll like it.
You probably have most of the ingredients to make them on hand, too. Raid your pantry and whip these delicious Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches up for dinner. I’m sure they will be as big of a hit with your family as they are with mine!
Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Here’s what you need:
- 3-4 lbs. Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz. Prepared Coleslaw
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 ½ cups Barbeque Sauce
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp. flour, optional
Here’s what you do:
1. Place all the ingredients, except the chicken & onion, in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put the chicken and onion in a crockpot and pour the sauce over it. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
3. Once chicken is cooked through, remove it and shred it.
4. If you would like to thicken the sauce a little, you can add the flour to the sauce and mix well.
5. Add back in the shredded chicken and let cook for about another hour to let the sauce thicken up.
6. Once it is done, place a heaping spoonful on a bun and top with coleslaw.
7. That’s it! Your sandwiches are now ready to serve! Enjoy!
Will you be adding these Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches to your summer menu?