When it comes to making desserts, I don’t like to make things that are too complicated. I could sit here and tell you it’s because I’m such a busy mom and I don’t have time to make anything too involved, but the truth is I’m lazy. I definitely prefer to just throw a few things together and make something real quick. Or grab an ice cream sandwich from the freezer….
But you know that sometimes you want more than a boring old ice cream sandwich.
I actually discovered recently that I could use my crockpot to make things other than dinners, so I have been going a little crazy trying all sorts of desserts in my crockpot. Did you know that you could make desserts in your crockpot? It’s kind of the best thing ever! Anyhow, these Crockpot Turtle Brownies are so easy to make, and trust me, they are super delicious. They are perfect for us lazy dessert makers.
Crockpot Turtle Brownies
Here’s what you need:
- 1 pkg. Brownie Mix, Family sized
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 jar Caramel Sauce
Here’s what you do:
1. Prepare the brownie mix per package directions, and pour into a 6-quart crock pot sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Combine the chocolate chips and milk in a small bowl and microwave it for about one minute, or until they are melted together.
3. Pour this chocolate mixture over the brownies.
4. Sprinkle with half the pecans. Reserve the other half to sprinkle on when serving.
6. Cook on low in your crockpot for 2-3 hours.
7. Once your brownies are done, scoop into bowls and top with whipped cream, some caramel sauce and pecans.
When these Crockpot Turtle Brownies come out of your slow cooker they are going to be all gooey and delicious – which is just the way I like my brownies.
If you have any other crockpot dessert recipes, do share. I would love to try them. And please let me know if you try my Crockpot Turtle Brownies!