Who doesn’t love the festive glow of Christmas lights? Whether they are on the tree, around the windows or draped over the mantle, Christmas lights add a touch of magic and warmth to any living space. The good news is that you don’t have to wait for the holidays to enjoy Christmas lights. There are plenty of ways to decorate with lights all year round. With just a little imagination, you can create a festive outdoor atmosphere for parties, a cozy bedroom retreat, or a work of art.
Here are just a few ideas to get you inspired:
- Mason jars and mini-lights were meant for each other. A collection of small mason jars lined up and filled with lights creates interest and sparkle for a table or mantle.
- Create instant outdoor festivity by wrapping lights around tree trunks in your yard.
- Make a statement with canvas and Christmas lights. Purchase a blank canvas from your local art supply store, the size is up to you. Arrange your mini-lights in a pattern on the back side of the canvas. Hang the canvas on the wall. Another method: Use tape or decals to create a desired pattern or design on the canvas. Paint over the decals with paint colors of your choice. After drying remove the decals. Place the mini-lights on the back side of the canvas and hang. The light will shine through in the spots where the decals were, creating a beautiful reverse silhouette effect.
- Sheer fabric and lights go together beautifully. There are many ways to create the look of a canopy with fabric above your bed. Add lights to that and you have a beautiful look for your bedroom.
- A natural or store-bought “branch” can look great displayed on it own in a urn container. Add mini-lights and you have created a beautiful focal point.
- Lights look great around mirrors, windows, headboards and more. Try putting them underneath furniture to create a cool lighting effect.
The only limit here is your imagination. Christmas Lights Etc has everything you need to get you started, too, so start having fun with Christmas lights all year long, and keep that magical warm glow going.