Autumn is the perfect time for apple desserts. I don’t know about you, but my family was out there at the orchard picking a $28 bag of apples this fall. Sure, we could have gotten that exact same bag of apples at the farm stand for about $5, but it’s all about the experience, right? Anyhow, apple desserts and treats are always a big hit around my house and these Apple Pie Wontons are usually devoured as soon as I make them.
The thing about apples in my house, is that they get eaten right away. I just can’t keep them in my house long enough to bake anything with them. That’s why I make apple wontons with a can of apple pie filling. Frankly, it’s much easier that way. Either way, apple pie wontons are the bomb and my family loves them!
Apple Pie Wontons
Here’s what you need:
- Wonton Wraps
- 1 Can Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- Vegetable Oil
Here’s what you do:
1. Start by laying out the wonton wraps.
2 Next place a little bit of the apple pie filling on to each wonton wrap.
3. Coat the edges of the wonton wrap with egg and then fold the wrap in half using the egg as glue.
4. Take a fork and press down the wonton edges.
5. Cook the wontons in a deep fryer, air fryer or heat vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat until shell is golden brown.
6. Remove from oil and let them cool down before you eat them.
7. Serve & enjoy your apple pie wontons!
These Apple Pie Wontons sure are a tasty fall treat. They’re easy to make, delicious and are perfect to serve for the upcoming holidays.
Simple, four ingredient Apple Pie Wontons are crispy apple perfection. The crunch of these mini pies combined with the gooey apple pie filling will make your taste buds happy!