My Christmas tree is pretty eclectic. It’s filled with homemade ornaments and ornaments we’ve picked up along the way during our travels. I love that we bring out our crazy mix of ornaments year after year and the whole family loves to reminisce when we pull each one out. Since many of our ornaments are from places we’ve traveled, they are not all “Christmasy” necessarily. I decided to make a few DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments to add into our collection this year and I think they will fit in perfectly with the homemade ornaments we have.
DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments
Here’s what you need:
- 5 Cinnamon Sticks
- Plastic Christmas Wreath Garland
- 12-14 Colored Buttons
- 12-14 Jingle Bells, assort. colors
- 6-7 Small Poms Poms, assort. Colors
- Hot Glue Gun
Here’s what you do:
1. Cut 5 pieces each of your wreath garland into 1 ½ inch long pieces, 2 inch long pieces and 2 ½ inch long pieces.
2. Glue the 1 ½ inch pieces at the top of each cinnamon stick. Glue the 2 inch pieces in the middle, and glue the 2 ½ inch pieces below the middle pieces. Make sure they are all touching, and there is a bit of cinnamon stick showing at the bottom to look like the trunk of the tree.
3. Cut a piece of twine, bend in half, and glue the open ends together on the back of each cinnamon stick. The loop will be at the top of each stick which is the hanger.
4. Now it’s time to get creative with you button, bells and pom poms. Use them to decorate your trees however you like! I glued buttons on to two of my trees, bells on another two and used pom poms on the 5th, but the fun of making these is in decorating your ornaments the way you like.
II think they are a perfect addition to any Christmas tree – especially mine!
You can even get the kids involved! Have them help decorate your DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments!
I love my cute new DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments and I am super excited to hang them on my tree this year!