Mother’s Day is coming up quick you guys. It’s May 14th! Have you put any thought on what to get for mom this year because if not, I bet she would love something homemade. I know lots of other moms and we love. love, love homemade gifts and that is one of the reasons that this Mother’s Day Napkin Holder is perfect. Not only is it easy to make, it’s useful and mom will love it.
Mother’s Day Napkin Holder
Here’s what you need:
- 38 Wood Craft Sticks
- Decorative Washi Tape
- Adhesive Craft Letters
- Hot Glue Gun
Here’s what you do:
1. For the side panel, take 12 sticks and lay them side by side.
2. Using hot glue, attach one craft stick across them about ¼ inch from the tops and another craft stick across them about ¼ inch from the bottoms.
3. Repeat that process for a second side panel.
4. For the base, you need to cut 6 sticks in half so you have 12 pieces.
5. Lay these side by side and glue one stick across them about ¼ inch from the tops and another craft stick across them about ¼ inch from the bottoms. This should look just like the side panels except smaller.
6. Decorate the panels using your washi tape any way you like.
7. Now, glue the side panels perpendicular to the long edges of the base panel, with the cross sticks to the inside. Glue a regular craft stick to the outside of each side panel (at the bottom) to provide extra support.
8. Apply the letters to spell out the word Mom or Moms Napkins, or any words you would like.
9. Have Fun!
As a mom, I know that I love homemade gifts above all others. This Mother’s Day Napkin Holder is a total win/win, too – it’s homemade AND practical.
So tell me, what are you getting for your mom this year?