The first day of school will be here before I know it. Here in New England, we don’t go back to school until after Labor Day, so like I said – it’s coming up quick. This year I wanted to do something special for back to school and I even broke my “No glitter in my house” policy to make this one happen. I made some super cute DIY Painted Pencils. Yellow pencils are boring aren’t they? It’s super easy to glam them up and send the kids to school with something that makes them stand out!
I think these DIY Painted Pencils are especially fun because you can paint them in any color you want, so they are completely customizable. I did a variety of colors because I made some for my nieces at the same time I made a few for my almost 4th grader. My nieces haven’t seen theirs yet, but my son absolutely loved his pencils.
DIY Painted Pencils
Here’s what you need:
- 1 pkg. Yellow Pencils
- Craft Paints, multiple colors
- Paint Brush
- Permanent Marker
Here’s what you do:
1. Brush one coat of paint over each pencil and be sure to let them dry completely.
2. Brush another coat of paint on each pencil once the first one is dry (that way the paint won’t look streaky at all).
3. While the second coat of paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter on some or all of the pencils.
4. Let them dry completely. For fun, I wrote in a little “2” on them. You don’t have to do that, though, if you don’t want to .
These DIY Painted Pencils will be the talk of the classroom. They are so fun and colorful – who wouldn’t love these pencils?
These DIY Painted Pencils are ready in almost no time and not only will your kids love them, I bet your child’s teacher would like some, too. Get creative and make some DIY painted pencils for your own kids.