When there is a holiday coming up, I like to decorate my house. Especially when it comes to July 4th. We have a big cookout and I like it when my house looks the part. I’ve been known to go all out when it comes to holiday decorations (and that goes for any holiday), but since people are coming over for the 4th, I like it when my house looks especially festive. I was at the dollar store recently and picked up the supplies I needed to make this Patriotic Wall Plaque. It is wicked easy to make and I am really happy with the way it came out.
Dollar Store DIY: Patriotic Wall Plaque
Here’s what you need:
- Wood hanging plaque
- Red, white, and blue craft paint
- Paint brush
Here’s what you do:
1. Begin by applying two layers of white paint over the entire plaque. Be sure to allow the paint to dry thoroughly before moving on to the next step.
2. Once your white paint is dry, you can start adding your red stripes. Use the paint brush to make the red paint stripes horizontally along the plaque.
3. At the top left hand corner, create a blue box as shown. Again, be sure to allow the blue paint to dry thoroughly.
4. Now add your stars. Dip the q-tip into white paint and make small dots all over the blue box.
5. Allow your paint to dry, then your patriotic wall plaque craft is ready to be displayed.
If you are looking for some inexpensive decorations for July 4th – or any holiday, try making your own with supplies from your local dollar store. I only spent a few dollars to make my Patriotic Wall Craft and I love how it came out.
Have you ever made your own decorations using supplies you picked up at the dollar store?