I don’t drink a ton of soda, but every now and then I love me an ice cold Dr. Pepper! A while back I heard about Dr. Pepper Baked Beans and initially I didn’t think it sounded good AT ALL. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to try it. And boy am I glad I did because they are awesome. They are way better than I expected and I don’t think I can even go back to regular baked beans now.
I have to admit that I cheated a little bit with this recipe because I used canned baked beans. But as far as I’m concerned it was a huge time saver and I used Bush’s Baked Beans, so obviously they were going to be good no matter what! #momhacks, right? Well, you’re welcome because these Dr. Pepper baked beans are going to be your new favorite, too.
Dr. Pepper Baked Beans
Here’s what you need:
- 1 can (28 oz) Baked Beans
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dr Pepper
Here’s what you do:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the baked beans, bacon, onion, and brown sugar & mix well.
2. Add in about 1/4 cup of Dr.Pepper and mix well.
3. Pour the whole mixture into an oven-safe baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until it bubbles.
That’s it, folks. Your Dr. Pepper Baked Beans are now ready to be served and enjoyed!
These Dr. Pepper Baked Beans are sweet, delicious and ready in about an hour! They make the perfect meal or an awesome side dish!
I am kicking myself for not trying these Dr. Pepper Baked Beans sooner, but now that I have – I am completely hooked. If you are looking for something a little different, try these baked beans with dinner tonight.