Easter is coming up soon and if you’re looking for a fun dessert to bring or serve at Easter dinner this year, try these Easter Bunny Cookies. They are fun, festive and most importantly – delicious.
Easter Bunny Cookies
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 cups white candy melts
- Pink candy hearts
- Pink sugar sprinkles
- Black gel icing
- Decorating bag or sandwich bag
- Wilton carrot candies (optional)
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together your butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
3. Next mix in your egg and almond extract.
4. Then mix in your flour and milk.
5. Form your dough into a large ball (roll it in some flour if it’s still a little sticky).
6. Roll out your dough onto a lightly floured surface and use your flower cookie cutter to cut out your flower circles.
7. Bake for 13 minutes and let cool completely.
8. In a small microwave safe bowl, heat your white candy melts on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
9. Pour your candy melts into a decorating bag, cut a tiny tip off the end and use to draw 2-3” ears onto a piece of parchment paper.
10. Sprinkle a little pink sugar into the center of the white ears and put them into your freezer to harden.
11. Once your cookies are cooled, spread out a small amount of white melting chocolate and top with coconut.
12. Carefully place the hardened ears onto the top of the cookie with a little bit of the melted chocolate.
13. Draw the bunnies face with your black gel icing and use a heart candy for a nose.
14. Add a carrot to the mouth with a little melted chocolate.
Your Easter Bunny Cookies are now ready and I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.