My boys are super into slime, so we make it A LOT in our house. I never mind making it because I know it is going to keep them occupied for a while and more importantly, keep them off of their screens. Since Easter is coming up, I decided to make some Easter Egg Slime. There isn’t really anything different about this slime. It’s the same slime recipe that I usually make, but in the spirit of Easter I put into some plastic Easter eggs instead of a regular old plastic food storage container like I would normally use. The boys both thought it was cool that I put the slime inside Easter eggs and yay for cool mom points. Right?
Easter Egg Slime
Here’s what you need (amounts per color):
- 1/4 cup Elmer’s glue
- 6 Tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon Borox
- Food coloring (as many colors as you want to make)
Here’s what you do:
1. In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1/4 cup Elmer’s glue with 2 tablespoons of hot water.
2. Mix in 1 drop of food coloring.
3. Mix your Borax into your remaining 4 tablespoons of hot water until it is completely dissolved.
4. Pour the Borax water into your glue mixture and mix (the slime will start forming right away).
5. Remove the slime with your hands and knead in your hands until it starts to form into a clump.
6. Open one of your plastic eggs and place your slime in to the egg.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 with different colors until you have as many eggs filled as you’d like.
Please note: Do NOT eat this slime or put in your mouth. It is NOT edible. And definitley keep it away from small children!
Hope you have fun making some Easter Egg Slime this year. This slime recipe is good for hours of fun and my boys are definitely addicted to it!