Even though I prepare for mornings the night before, I always seem to feel like I’m scrambling to get myself and the kids out the door to school in the mornings. I often wonder why that is, but whatever the case may be – it happens. A lot. Sometimes I have things in the house that I can just grab and eat on the go, but sometimes I don’t. During those times when I don’t have anything that I can grab for myself real quick, I make myself an easy & delicious Broccoli and Cheese Omelette in a Mug. That’s right – you make the omelette right in a mug. They are wicked easy to make and only take a few minutes from start to finish. And since you make them in the microwave, you don’t have to worry about dirtying a pan – your mug is the only thing you’ll have to clean. Score.
I use broccoli and cheese in my omelettes because that is what I like, but you can add any filling you like in your omelettes to yours.
Here’s what you need:
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- 1/4 cup cooked broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
Here’s what you do:
1. Spray the inside of your mug with a non stick cooking spray.
2. Pour your eggs and milk into your mug, season with salt and pepper and whisk with a fork.
3. Mix in most of your cheese and all of your broccoli.
4. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until your eggs are cooked thoroughly.
5. Sprinkle your remaining cheese on top and enjoy!
These omelettes in a mug are seriously a lifesaver on busy mornings. They are really filling and get me out the door with food in my tummy in almost no time. Plus they are delicious.
So tell me, what are your favorite omelette add-ins?