Over the summer, my parents cleaned out their basement and somehow, half of their
crap stuff found it’s way to my house? I’m still not sure exactly how that happened, but recently I decided to start going through some of it because I remember my dad saying that there were some Christmas decorations in there. There were. Plus about a thousand other things that I don’t need in my life. One of the things that I found in the box was an old wine glass and since I already have more wine glasses than I need, I decided to upcycle it into a candle holder.
I wasn’t sure what to make exactly, but decided that a gingerbread man votive holder would go well with a lot of my current Christmas decorations, so that’s what I made. It was really easy to make and it came out really cute.
Easy DIY Gingerbread Man Wine Glass Votive Holder
Here’s what you need:
- Wine glass
- Brown enamel craft paint
- Extra fine silver glitter
- Red, white, and black felt
- White puffy paint
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
Here’s what you do:
1. Lay out an old newspaper before you start and mix a tablespoon of brown paint with a 1/2 teaspoon of silver glitter.
2. Use your paint brush to paint the inside and outside of your glass with your glittered brown paint and let dry.
3. Touch up any spots you missed and let dry.
4. Cut out 2 small white ovals, 2 small red circles, and 2 smaller black circles from your felt pieces.
5. Hot glue your black circles onto the bottom of your white ovals and glue your white oval eyes into the front of your wine glass, remember your wine glass is now upside down.
6. Hot glue your red circles underneath the white eyes and to the sides for the cheeks.
7. Use your puffy paint to connect the two red circle cheeks with a wavy white smile.
8. Then use your white puffy paint to paint a wavy white circle around the face.
9. Let dry overnight and set a votive candle on top to display.
It came out good, huh?