I was at the dollar store the other day and saw these cute little glass candle holders. I am more of a candle that comes in a jar kind of person, so I knew I would never use the candle holders to burn candles in. That left me wondering what I could do with them and then the light bulb went off. I knew I could make a fun glowing pumpkin craft with some orange twinkle lights. I grabbed some black craft paper and ended up making this Easy Dollar Store Glowing Pumpkin Craft with my supplies. I am absolutely in love with how it came out and it literally only took me about three minutes to put it together.
Easy Dollar Store Glowing Pumpkin Craft
Here’s what you need:
- Glass candle holder
- Orange twinkle lights
- Black craft paper or felt
- Craft glue
Here’s what you do:
1. Begin by cutting out the face of your pumpkin. Some simple shapes like triangles, squares, and ovals will do – get creative and make the face however you like.
2. Add a dab of glue to the back of each shape and press it to the front of the candle holder. Be sure to allow the glue to dry completely.
3. Take the twinkle lights and place them inside of the candle holder. Tuck them in so they are nice and secure but don’t forget to leave the plug out.
4. When you are ready to display your glowing pumpkin, just plug the lights in and bring the pumpkin face to life.
See? This craft couldn’t be easier to make and just look at how cute it came out. I am really happy with it.
If you are hosting a Halloween party this year or just even want a fun decoration for your house, try this Easy Dollar Store Glowing Pumpkin Craft.